Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm still alive!

Nothing much has been going on. I am in 'rehab' mode from my last marathon still, and that was advised by my PT and coach for this upcoming Knoxville marathon (they have been great to work with, by the way....)

I did go to the PT the other day for a gait evaluation, and he told me I have a weak behind, which was leading to my sore IT bands. My gluteus minimus (I think that's what it's called), is exceptionally weak, which allows my thighs to over rotate inward and cause IT inflammation on the outer part of my knee. He gave me some exercises to do and assured me if I do them, I will be fine in a month! Years of pain could potentially be relieved with some silly looking rubber band exercises and wall sits. Amazing!

Due to my weak behind, my PT suggested I cap my long runs at 4-5 miles until Jan 1. At that point, I'll have 3 months to ramp up my long runs and get ready for the Knoxville marathon!

Oprah is totally going down on March 30 (4:30 marathon time) and P Diddy(4:15 marathon time) too!

No comments: