Friday, January 18, 2008

You think I forgot about taking Oprah down?

Oh no, Oprah is still my prime target for defeat in the Knoxville marathon. I accidentally told some people jokingly at a run that I had set taking down Oprah as a goal for this marathon, and it seems as if the whole city of Knoxville now knows I'm out to get Oprah. She ran a marathon in 4:29:20 back in the 90's, and that time is something that coincidentally I am shooting for.

After some tough calculations (McMillan's), I figured that to be a 10:17 mile all the way through.

I think I can do that. I KNOW I can do that. McMillan's says I can do that.

However, I think I am developing some right knee tendonitis. I hope it's not a big deal and goes away, I've never had tendonitis so I guess I don't know how severe of a problem it is? We'll see.

16 miles tomorrow, and if I can survive that I can make it through anything, right?

3 comments:

Adam said...

Apparently that was Puff Daddy's goal when he ran a marathon as well. I'm actually pretty impressed that Oprah made that time.

Ron said...

16 miles shouldn't be too hard for you considering your last long run. Do you do long runs every weekend? Most training plans alternate weeks so I was just wondering.

KdoubleA said...

Ron, my current training is 3 runs M-F ranging from 4-7 miles, and then a long run on Saturdays ranging from 13-16 miles.

It's really working well for me, and I will run 2-3 runs of 18-22 miles before the marathon.

I am getting over some food poisoning, which I think I am going to write about here shortly, but I am hoping to run in the Calhouns 10-miler on Saturday.