Thursday, January 24, 2008

Food Poisoning :(

I would like to take the time to congratulate a Burrito restaurant on Northshore Dr. in Knoxville, TN (name rhymes with 'hose') for successfully becoming the first (and hopefully, only) restaurant to serve me (partially cooked?) food that my body could not handle.

Now, I am not one to make accusations, but I had lunch at this establishment and some 7 hrs later 'lunch' wanted to see the 'the other side of the road' on the road from my mouth to my stomach (...and that side of the road is very rarely used...). 'Lunch' had its way with me that night, the next day, the next night, and still to some degree, today--a full 3 days later.

On top of having to deal with this meal from hell, I had to travel to Dallas, TX for some business (that I will be self-promoting from this blog when it's ready). Being sick at home is one thing, being sick on the road is something else. Things like always knowing where the bathroom is 'just incase'. Not venturing far from said bathroom. Not eating anything more than Diet Coke and a few fries. Sleeping during any freetime. Having my 'business partner' pick up my slack in our presentation (thanks again, dude). NOT RUNNING AT ALL THIS WEEK WITH A 10 MILE RACE THIS SATURDAY. Not eating a full meal since Monday afternoon. It's Thursday afternoon. Wow, I'm bitter. I think it's more a matter of timing, however, and this was not the week for me to get sick.

Welcome to 'hose'!

2 comments:

Ron said...

I'd really like to avoid that place, at least it didn't rhyme with "gel" or a certain fast food place would be sorely missed.

Sorry to hear about the troubles though. You should use Calhoun's as a fun run. Don't feel pressured to go fast or for time after that rough of a week, just have a good time.

KdoubleA said...

Yeah I'm a little bummed that I'm not going to be able to go all out for Calhoun's like I wanted to. I'm still going to be there, however.