Wednesday, October 17, 2007

So maybe I will post before the Marathon

Yes kids, it's true. I am addicted to blogging, and I guess 'blogging' is the nice way of saying "talking about myself expecting other people to care."

My marathon training is officially over, and I had my final adjustment from the chiropractor today at lunch. I am officially as prepared as I am going to be for the run on Sunday. Amazingly, no real injuries to speak of, and I think the fatigue is wearing off. All looks to be well for Sunday (as long as my little bit of runner's knee stays away--which it tends to do during races)

I also just checked the weather for Sunday--October 21 in Detroit, MI-- 70 and sunny?!?!?! I was expecting 40 and raining this whole time I have been training. The stars seem to be aligning favorably for all the Detroit Marathoners, and I am not complaining.

I was just looking back at my training schedule and thinking about how hard 5 miles was for me to finish back in June, I would get worried before starting and then be amazed after finishing a 5 mile run. The time has flown by, and my family here in Knoxville has been very supportive and encouraging. A week ago I was dreading the race, but now I am looking forward to it. I really have put in a lot of miles (405 to be exact) and I could have eaten better, but I think I am going to be fine. If I have been able to run most of these miles on my own, I should be able to polish off 26.2 with about 30000 people cheering me on. As it turns out, this isn't my only marathon, but my first. I am taking about 2 weeks off, then it's back to the grind for Knoxville 2008!

1 comment:

ZeroToBoston said...

YOU WILL MAKE IT!

There's nothing better than crossing the finish of your first marathon.

- Dean