Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride




Yeah. I was riding shotgun in that truck last week. Luckily everyone involved walked away from the accident, the other driver got a DUI and both drivers need new cars. Not exactly what I would call a fun experience, but something that definitely reminds you that life is fragile and can end at any time. This is the other car:




Somehow I only managed to bruise my right leg pretty good in the accident. I definitely was sore a for a couple days after the wreck (from being jerked around at the moment of impact), but I was NOT going to let it get in the way of my training for Charlotte in December. The thought of "oh great...just something else to keep me from running..." did cross my mind on Friday when I was moping around and being sore. I forced myself out for a 5 mile run on Saturday, and I survived. It actually helped me break up the soreness (or maybe I am crazy...come to think of it, I know I am crazy...who are we trying to kid?)

That being said, I am 3 weeks into training with no leg soreness from my injury. I think I am taking well to this training schedule which I got from Marathon Rookie. Check it out if you're interested in running at all. It's a good site for sure, especially if you're a rookie to running (hence the name of the site...clever, eh?)

As my promise to you, I will keep this blog active through this training period. I PROMISE.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Yikes! Scary! Glad everyone is okay, though!

Mohammad Yousuf Mulaifi said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful Article

Quick How said...

Thank you very much

whois domain find said...

Thanks ..your topic beautiful ..... Good luck

kayan Association said...

Your article more than wonderful ... Good luck

how to do it easy said...

Thank you very much for your wonderful